These evidence-based educational programs can help people with diabetes reduce their risk and fear of hypoglycaemia and improve their awareness of symptoms. Click the links to see the evidence that demonstrates the effectiveness of these interventions.
HYPO DOC (formerly called
- The program helps restore awareness of hypoglycaemia in people with IAH
- Focuses on motivational and cognitive barriers to avoiding hypoglycaemia
- This education program teaches patients about hypoglycaemia risks and symptoms
- Patients use diaries to estimate blood glucose and increase symptom awareness
- This brief, partly web-based group intervention reduces hypoglycaemia risk/fears and helps restore awareness
- This training program (usually in a group) helps adults taking insulin recognize and prevent extreme blood glucose levels